After decades of private practice at major law firms and in government service, Evelyn Suarez founded The Suarez Firm in 2014 to assist clients seeking to go global, especially those wishing to take advantage of business opportunities in emerging markets. Based on her years of experience in customs and international trade as well as with anti-corruption laws such as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, she assists clients address and mitigate risks associated with cross-border trade and investment. Her clients range from international traders to customs brokers and freight forwarders to transportation and logistics companies.
The Suarez Firm counsels clients in regard to regulatory import and export compliance, cross-border intellectual property protection and other compliance risks in the supply chain. One major area of focus for her firm is implementation of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement. As a result of her years of experience in the private sector and in Government service at U.S. Customs and other international trade agencies, she can assist companies, countries and development banks in regard to Trade Facilitation Agreement implementation and best practices. She has recently refocused her attention on Africa but does work with clients globally and in all emerging markets.
AWARDS & HONORS
- Named to the Super Lawyers List of Top Washington, D.C. attorneys in International Law (April 27, 2015)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America – International Trade and Finance Law
- Named by Martindale-Hubbell™ as one of Washington, D.C.’s Women Leaders in the Law
- Named by Martindale-Hubbell™ as a Top Rated Lawyer in Transportation
- Martindale-Hubbell™ AV Rated
- Washington, D.C. “Super Lawyers,” Super Lawyers magazine (2013)