Quick Take on U.S. Tariffs on Imports from China:
- If you have a product on the third list hit with Section 301 tariffs the deadline for filing a request for a product exclusion is September 30, 2019.
- Tariffs for products on List 4A have been raised from 10% to 15%, effective September 1, 2019.
- Tariffs for products on List 4B will be raised from 10% to 15%, effective December 15, 2019.
- USTR is asking for comments by September 20, 2019, on its proposal to raise tariffs on the first 3 lists from 25% to 30%.
- The period for asking for product exclusions for the first 2 lists covering $50 billion of imports from China is closed.
- USTR has not yet instituted a product exclusion process for Lists 4A and 4B.